A native Floridian, Ms. Hyman was raised in New York City and in Southern California. She earned a Bachelors degree in communications from UCLA. While studying for her undergraduate degree, she served as a White House Intern with the Office of Presidential Inquiries. In 2003, she was awarded a J.D., with honors from the University of Florida College of Law.
University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL.
- Juris Doctor, with Honors.
- Recipient of numerous University of Florida, College of Law Scholarships.
- Finalist in American Trial Lawyer Association (ATLA) Negotiation Competition.
- Research Assistantships for Professor Danaya Wright and Professor Larry Kalevitch.
- Certified Legal Intern for The Public Defender’s Office, Gainesville, Florida.
Barry University, Miami Shores, FL.
- Master of Arts, with High Honors, Communication.
- Member of the National Communication Association Honor Society.
University of California, Los Angeles, CA.
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication.
Legal & Public Policy Experience
Attorney, Mass Torts Unit
Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley, P.A. West Palm Beach, FL.
- Perform client intake, and draft discovery, motions and complaints for the Mass Tort Unit, which specializes in the Multi District Litigation cases involving product liability claims against manufacturers of drugs and medical devices.
- Research and draft legal memorandum regarding various state laws concerning causes of action, statute of limitations and other legal issues.
Podhurst Orseck/Barranco & Kircher. Miami, FL.
- Performed document review, prepare privilege log and drafted motions regarding a high profile prenuptial dispute between a prominent Miami Dade businessman and his wife.
- Performed legal research and draft legal memorandum regarding a variety of issues regarding product liability cases.
Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton. Coral Gables, FL
- Performed legal research and drafted legal memorandum regarding a contract dispute and two class action lawsuits.
- Performed document review, prepare privilege log and drafted motions regarding a complex litigation case involving billions of dollars.
ABC Studios Office of Legal Affairs. Burbank, CA
- Conducted a range of activities for the legal department including review of contracts.
Law Clerk to the Honorable Wendell Graham
Ford & Harrison, LLP. Miami, FL.
- Researched legal issues on sanctions, contracts issues and attorney’s fees.
- Wrote memorandum of laws on contracts, tort liability and landlord/tenant disputes.
The White House Office of Presidential Inquiries. Washington, D.C.
- Co-authored internship manual.
- Wrote daily comment line report for the President’s office.
Other Professional Experience
New York, California and Florida
- Played Loretta on The Young and the Restless.
- Featured in television shows, movies, off-Broadway plays and over 100 commercials.
- State of Florida Bar License.
- State of Florida Real Estate Broker License.